This is my First challenge in South Vs North Challenge by Divya Pramil ( You too can cook ). I am so proud to be part of this Event and really very excited to try different cuisines. I am belong to Southern team. This month Challenge for southern team is KESAR PISTACHIOS KULFI, hosting by Shruti and for Northern team is PAASI PARUPPU PAYASAM, hosting by Divya. Click here to know more about South Vs North Challenge.
Kesar pistachios kulfi is a frozen diary dessert which is made by milk, condensed milk and sugar, and flavored with pistachios,cardomon and saffron strands. The texture is very creamy.We really liked and enjoyed it lot :). Thanks to shruti for giving this scrumptious recipe.
- 4 cups of Milk
- 1/2 cup of Condensed milk
- 4 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Cornflour
- 1/8 tsp of Cardoman powder
- 1/4 cup of Chopped pistachios
- 1/4 tsp of Saffron strands
- Few drops of Rose water
1. Make a thin paste with cornflour and enough milk, set aside.
2. Heat heavy bottomed vessel. Add milk, condensed milk and sugar. Bring it to a boil and keep scraping the sides of the vessel to form thick consistency.
3. Reduce the milk to three fourth of the quantity over medium flame.
4. Now add cornflour paste, pistachios, cardoman powder and saffron. Stir constanly for few minutes to avoid lumps.
5. Turn off the stove and let it cool for sometime. Add rose water and give a stir.
6. Transfer it into popsicle mould and refrigerate it for 6 hours.
7. Once the kulfi is completely set, just pass the mould under the tap water for a second. Pull the kulfi from the mould.
8. Serve Immediately :)