I usually make evening snacks for my hubby. Really bored of doing the same vada recipes. I got this recipe from one of my friend Sangeetha ( Eat n Eat Little More). Maddur Vadas is a Crispy snack from Karnataka state. This crispy fritters is made from Rawa, rice flour and maida flour flavored with onion, curry leaves and cilantro. These vadas are perfect evening snack with hot coffee/tea. Here is the recipe for the vada.
Source: Sangeetha - Maddur Vadas
- 1 cup of sooji/rawa
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 chopped big onion
- 5 chopped green chilli
- 1/4 cup of curry leaves
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and fry untill it becomes translucent. Let it cool for sometime.
- Take a bowl, add rawa, rice flour, all purpose flour, chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves, cilantro, baking soda and salt. Mix altogether.
- Add the cooked onion into the bowl. Make a dough by adding water little by little.
- Knead wel for about 3 minute and cover it with damp clothe, rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a small portion from the dough, Greese palm with little water, make it like flatten round shape.
- Heat oil in kadai, gently transfer the vadas into the kadai and fry till it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat this process for remaining dough. Remove the excess oil using kitchen towel.
- Serve this yummy vadai with hot Coffee or Tea :)