- 2 cups of Basmathi rice
- 2 Bay leaf
- 5 cloves
- 2 small sticks of cinnamon
- 1 Big onion- thinly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 cup of Mixed vegetables (Carrot, Beans, Peas, Cauliflower, Corn )
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- Chopped green Spring onions for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon of ghee
- Refined oil
- Salt to taste
1. Soak the Basmathi rice (long grain rice) in water for 20 minutes and then drain the water.
2. Heat the oil in Pressure cooker and add bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon.
3. Add sliced onions and sauté untill it become translucent after which add ginger garlic paste. Sauté for few minutes.
4. Add vegetables, a pinch salt for taste and then fry till its cooked well.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and salt, cook till the spices to blend with the vegetables.
6. Add 4 cup of water and lime juice. Check for the salt taste after adding the water.
7. Increase the flame and wait till the water boils. Add rice, ghee and close the cooker with its lid.
8. When the steam starts to arise, put the weight on the lid and wait for 1 whistles and then turn off the flame.
9. Keep the pressure cooker aside for some minutes until all the steam settles down and finally garnish it with green spring onions.