Arabic chicken biryani is completely different from normal chicken biryani. It is cooked without using onions and tomatoes. The taste and flavour of the biryani is really awesome. You can add many vegetables in this dish like potato, carrot, brinjal, cauliflower, broccoli. Fry the vegetables first, then arrange it in layer. Easy one pot dish with meat and veggies.
- 2 cup of Basmathi rice
- 2 lb of Chicken
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp of knorr chicken broth mix
- 4 cup of warm water
- For Marination:
- 1 tbsp of garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin seed powder
- 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
1. Take the chicken in large mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients and mix well. Marinade it for 2 hours.
2. Wash and soak basmathi rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
3. Add Knorr broth mix and salt as per your taste in warm water and set aside.
4. Peel the potatoes skin and cut into slices. Take a bowl add potatoes,chilli powder, salt and mix all well.
5. Heat oil in the pan for shallow frying. Fry the potatoes on both sides and set aside
6. Heat pressure cooker, greese the bottom of the cooker with little oil ( we already added enough oil in the chicken)
7. Now arrange the chicken pieces evenly in the bottom of the cooker. then arrange the fried potatoes on the top of the chicken.( you can also add fried brinjal, fried cauliflower)
8. Add the rice on the top of the potatoes. Now pour the broth mix.
9. Cover the lid, keep some weight over it and cook for 15 minutes in lower flame. Then increase the flame and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Meanwhile,Take a heavy bottomed tawa and heat it in simmer mode.
11. Now keep the cooker on the tawa and cook for 25 miuntes. Its done!!! Enjoy.