Click here for Another quail recipe : Quail / kaada Gravy
- 6 No of Quail/Kaada
- 2 Medium size onions chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of chilli powder
- 2 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of fennel seed powder
- 2 bayleaf
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 clove
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup of water
- salt to taste
- cilantro for garnishing
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Remove the quail skin, cut each quail into four pieces and wash with turmeric & set aside.
- Heat oil in pan then add bayleaf, cinnamon, clove, star anise and fennel seeds.
- Add onions and saute for few minutes, then add ginger garlic paste.
- While the onions becomes translucent, add tomatos. cook until it becomes soft.
- Add all powder with salt as per your taste and mix well.
- Now add the Quail pieces and mix altogether.
- Add a cup of water, give a stir, close the lid and cook in medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Now open the lid and cook untill quail absorbs all the water.
- Squeeze half lemon and garnish it with cilantro.