Last weekend, i wanted to make different side dish for supper. I googled and found this spicy egg curry. This dish is believed to have a tunisian origin. Shakshouka is a dish of eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce, flavoured with thyme and parsley. In Arabic, shakshouka means " a mixture ". I made this mixture with egg and paneer as main ingredient. It is very easy to make recipe and It can be serve with tortillos, chappathi, roti and paratha.
- 2 eggs
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onion
- 6 garlic pods chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tbsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp of garam masala
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of paneer ( cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup of shredded paneer
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 10 n of cashewnuts
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
1. Heat oil in large pan, add garlic, onion and green spring onion, saute for few minutes.
2. Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt and saute for few more minutes.
3. Now add tomaotes, tomato sauce. saute till it becomes soft.
4. Add paneer cubes, mix untill the spices blend with panneer. Then add cashew in it.
5. Add 1 cup of water, cover the pan with its lid and cook in medium flame for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to bake mode 180 deg C.
7. After 10 minutes, transfer the curry into the baking pan. Make well shape space in the curry and pour raw egg in it.
8. Repeat the process for the 2nd egg.
9. Then sprinkle shredded panner, mozzarella cheese and spring onion over the curry.
10. Bake it for 10 minutes.
11. Garnish it with cilantro. Serve with roti, chapathi, paratha.