- 3 cup of All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1 cup Warm milk
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp of Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp of oil (kneading)
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp of Sesame seed
1 Medium Braided bun, 2 Small bun.
1. In a small bowl add warm milk, honey, salt and yeast. stir and rest for 10 minutes.
2. Take a large bowl, add all purpose flour, egg, butter, yeast mixture and knead for few minutes.
3. Add little water to make the dough right consistency. Finally add oil and knead well.
4. Close the dough with plastic wrap/ lid. Rest for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hour, the dough should doubled the size. Punch and Knead it again using oil.
6. Line the baking tray with baking sheet.
7. Divide the dough into 5 long thin pieces.
8. Take 3 pieces and make the one end together.
9. Now start braiding by taking the left end across the center and then right end comes to the center and the center one goes to the left side.
10. Repeat the process until reach the end. Tuck in the end pieces.
11. Place the dough in Baking tray and cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
12. Preheat oven to 375 F and brush the braided dough with egg yolk and sprinkle sesame seeds on it.
13. Bake until it turn to Golden colour. (braided bun took 30 minutes, 2 small bun 18 minutes).
14. Let it cool for sometime and serve :)