- 2 cups Basmathi rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 cups chopped Bell pepper ( yellow, orange, green )
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 green chilly finely chopped
1. Wash and soak basmathi rice in water for 20 minutes. Then drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds.
3. Add ginger and green chillies, saute for few minutes.
4. Now add onions, saute till it becomes translucent.
5. Add chopped bell peppers, salt and soy sauce, saute till bell peppers turns soft.
6. Add the rice into the pan and stir gently and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Transfer the rice mixture into the microwave safe container and add 4 cups of water. After adding the water check for salt taste and cook for 25 minutes.
8. Stir gently without breaking the rice and serve hot with any gravy.
You can also make this dish in pressure cooker. cook till 1 whistle then turn off the flame.
If you want more spicy, add the quantity of green chilly.
Linking this recipe to Gayathri's Cook spot