- 1 lb chicken
- 2 cups Basmathi rice
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomato chopped
- 5 green chilly finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of fennel seed powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of oil
- cilantro for garnishing
1. Wash and Soak basmati rice in water for 20 minutes, drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in pressue cooker, add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
3. Add chilly, onion and cilantro, saute for few minutes.
4. Then add ginger garlic paste and tomato, saute until tomato turns soft.
5. Add the chicken pieces, chili powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add rice with 4 cups of water and squeeze half lemon. Stir well and close the cooker with its lid and wait for 1 whistle. Then switch off the flame.
7. Keep the pressure cooker aside for sometime until all the steam settles down.
8. Garnish it cilantro and serve with Raita.