- 2 cup Besan Flour
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/2 tbsp of chilli powder
- 2 tbsp of Butter ( room temperature )
- 1 tbsp of Omam / Ajwain seeds
- 3 tbsp of Hot oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
1. Dry roast omam and Soak it in 3 tbsp of water for 15 minutes. Blend it in mixie and filter the water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in frying pan.
3. Take a mixing bowl, sieve besan flour, rice flour and add chilli powder, butter, hot oil, salt and filtered omam water in it. Mix well .
4. Add little water as needed and mix well to form as sticky dough.
5. Take a small portion from the dough and Put it in the idiyappam press. Now press the dough directly in hot oil. ( do not overlap)
6. Cook until bubble stops, flip to the other side and cook for few seconds.
7. Take oma podi gently from the pan and drain the oil in paper towel. Store it in air tight container.
Check the oil heat : when you put little dough into the oil, it should come up immediately.