- Whole garam masala - 2 bay leaf, 2 cinnamon stick, 5 cloves 1 star anise
- 1 tsp of cumin seed
- 2 cup Basmathi rice
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 Potato (skin peeled and cubed)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 Green chillies slited
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash and soak Basmathi rice in water for 15 minutes.
2. Heat ghee and oil in pressure cooker, add whole garam masala and cumin seeds.
3. Add onion and chilies, fry till onion become transparent.
4. Add cilantro and ginger garlic, saute for few minutes.
5. Add peas, potato and salt. Mix well and cook for few minutes.
6. Add rice, saute the rice for 3 minutes. Then add 4 cup of water and lemon juice. check for salt taste after adding water.
7. Close the cooker with its lid. When the steam starts to arise, put the weight on the lid and wait for 1 whistles and then turn off the flame.
8. Keep the pressure cooker aside for some minutes until all the steam settles down.