I came up with this post for 2 Celebrations. Today is My First Blogiversary and this is My 100th Post. Thank you all who have supported me through out this year. I have learnt so many things and I got so many Good friends through Blogging . A year back, i started this blog to time pass. Slowly I got very much interseted by all your lovely comments and Encouragement. I have achieved a lot with in this one year. Thanks to My Family and Friends for supporting me and I need your all support in the forthcoming year.
Lets Sing, shower your Wishes to My dearest Blog BHAWISH'S KITCHEN :)
I made this cake with Honey Cake Base and Marshmallow Fondant. I am Fully satisfied with the outcome of the Cake. Hope you all like the Mrs & Mr Honey Bee and their Baby Beezzzzzz.. :)
This cake is Perfect for any Occasions like Birthday, Wedding Day, etc. All you need is Ingredients and supplies with lots of Patience :).. Ok, lets get started..
Ingredients For Making Fondant
2 packs of Mini Marshmallows ( Each 8 ounces)
1 cup of water
2 kg of Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
Method For making Fondant
1. In a large mixing bowl, take 1 bag of Marshmallows with 1/3 cup of water.
2. Microwave it for 45 seconds, then take out and stir with spatula and again microwave it for another 45 Seconds.
3. If you find any lumps, then microwave it again for 5 to 10 seconds.
4. If you are going to make single colour fondant, add the food colour now. Else do it later.
5. Add 1/3 of powdered sugar(1 kg), and mix it with rubber spatula.
6. Once it got thicken, unable to stir it with spatula. At that point stop stiring it.
7. Dust the working floor with powdered sugar and knead it well. (often dust the floor)
8. Knead it until dough consistency.
9. Cling wrap it until usage.
Colouring the Fondant
Method 1: ( If you want more colour Fondants)
1. Dust the working floor with powdered sugar. Take small portion of fondant, flatten it and add few drops of food colour in the centre. Knead it until you get the uniform colour. Add more drops until you get the desired colour. ( I used green food colour).
2. Apply vegetable shortening on the fondant and Cling wrap it until usage
3. Do the same procedure for rest of the Fondant. ( I made Purple, pink, brown)
Method 2: (If you want single Colour Fondant)
1. Add the food colour in the melted Marshmallows, stir it with spatula. ( I made yellow food colour)
2. Then add 1/3 of powdered sugar(1 kg) and stir it well.
3. Once it got thicken, dust your working floor with powdered sugar and Knead it until you get dough (like Pie) consistency.
4. Apply vegetable shortening on the fondant and Cling wrap it until usage
(Resting time is very important for Fondant to avoid cracking)
Keep the Fondants in Air tight container up to 12 hours to avoid cracking during rolling it.
Ingredients for making Honey Cake
3 1/2 cup Self Raising Cake Flour
1 cup Honey
1 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup warm coffee
1/2 cup water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 1/2 cup Sugar
Butter for greasing the baking pan
Method for making Honey Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease the 2 x 9" inch baking pan with Butter.
2. Combine all the ingredients in the Large mixing bowl.
3. Mix it without any lumps.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan ( Half of the pan)
5. Bake it for 45 to 60 minutes. ( Insert toothpick on the centre of the cake, it should comes out clean )
6. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
7. Run knife around the edges of the cake and flip it carefully :)
8. Level (Slice) the top of the cake using knife.
Circle one, Square one
1. I want to make one circle cake and one square cake.
2. so, i cut the edges of the one cake about 1.5 cm in all side
Ingredients for making Butter Frosting
3 cup of Powered Sugar
1 cup Unsalted Butter ( room temperature)
2 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Method for making Butter Frosting
1. Take powdered sugar and butter in large mixing bowl.
2. Mix it with spatula.
3. Add whipping cream and vanilla essence and beat it in speed 2 using electric hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
4. Apply the frosting on both the cakes evenly.
5. Refrigerate it until usage.
Roll the Fondant using Rolling Pin
1. After 12 hours of resting time, it will become little hard.
2. Microwave it for about 5 to 10 seconds and Knead it again.
3. Dust the floor with powdered sugar and roll the fondant using rolling pin. ( My cake is 9 inch plus 4 inch on sides, so, i make 15 inch circle)
4. Gently transfer the rolled Fondant to the 9 inch cake.
5. Press the bottom edges gently using thumb finger.
6. Trim the extra fondant using knife. ( cling wrap it to avoid dryness)
7. Repeat the same process for the square cake.
8. Gently place the square cake on the top of the Circle cake.
Making of Mrs & Mr Bee
(use water for sticking the fondant)
1. Take yellow fondant. Make 2 x 4 diameter circle (head) and 2 x 6 diameter circle (body)
2. Press it like as shown in figure.
3. Place 2 small oval balls for the nose.
4. Make small ball from white and brown fondant and flatten it and place it for the eyes.
5. Roll the brown fondant using rolling pin, cut it like strips using knife and place it in the body.
6. Make small yellow and brown balls alternatively and roll it all together. Hands ready.
7. For lips, make smalls of brown and pink fondant. make it like thread and stick it with water.
8. For crown, i used pink fondant. Flatten it and cut zig zag with scissor. I placed few mini blue balls to decorate more beautiful.
1. Take small portion from yellow fondant, make it like 2 inch cylindrical shape.
2. Roll brown fondant and cut it like thin strips for body.
3. 2 mini balls for eyes.
4. For horn,Take 1 inch toothpick cover it with brown fondant and brown balls on one end of the stick. Insert it on head.
5. For wings, cut the white fondant in semi circle shape and fix it on the body.
6. Beezzz Ready.
I think you do not need instruction for this flowers. The picture itself describing you the steps clearly.
Flowers isn't Very cute ????????
Start Assembling the Fondant Decoration
1. I used tooth picks to stand the Bees on the centre of the cake.
2. Used water to stick the flowers, bees.
3. I used the leftover butter frosting to decorated the edges of the cake. (green food colour)
4. Make cute little Honey pot with brown fondant.
4. All set in their place :)
Mrs and Mr Bee Family Enjoying their Honey time in this beautiful Flower Garden :) :)