Lamb Shanks that are slowly cooked with Aromatic spices. Here I added some Indian spices in it. I used Stove top / Slow Cook method. Once it cooked perfectly, the meats literally falls off from the bone. You can serve this dish with Rice Varieties, Roti, Chapathi.
- 2 Lamb Shanks
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp of Whole Garam Masala
- 3 Green chilies, slitted
- 2 Onions, diced
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp of Chili powder
- 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tbsp of Lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnishing
1. Wash the lamb shanks and slit the thin edge with Knife and set aside.
2. Heat pan, add a tbsp of ghee in it. Once the ghee melted, add bay leaf and whole garam masala into it.
3. Season the lamb shanks with some salt and shallow fry it (until all the sides turns to brown color)
4. Simultaneously, heat another pan and melt 1/2 tbsp of ghee. Add chilies and onions, saute until the onions became translucent.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute. Then add all the powders and salt in it and mix well.
6. Add tomatoes and cook until it turned to soft.
7. Transfer the mixture into the lamp shank and mix until all combine.
8. Add coconut milk, water and lime juice. Give a stir and check for the salt taste once added the water. Close the lid and cook for 120 minutes over low flame.
9. After cooking time, take out from the flame, garnish with cilantro and serve with Rice varieties or Chapathi.