7 small Brinjal, chopped into small pieces
1 Onion, diced
3 Dried chilli
1/2 tsp Fried gram dal / Pottukadala
1/4 tsp of Tamarind
1 tbsp of oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp of oil
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Urad dal
Few curry leaves
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serve - (3 to 4) person
1. Heat oil in pan over medium flame. Add dry chilli and fried gram dal on heated oil. Roast them for a minute.
2. Add Onion, cook untill it turn to soft.
3. Add brinjal and salt in it. Mix well and close the pan with its lid. Cook until the brinjal color changes to brown and soft.
4. Remove it from the flame and let it cool for sometime.
5. Once it completely cooled down, take them in blender, add tamarind in it and grind them into smooth paste ( add required water while grinding)
6. Heat a tsp of oil . Add mustard seeds. curry leaves and urad dal on heated oil. When mustard splutters, pour the seasoning on the chutney