1 cup Rice flour
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp Oil
A pinch of salt
1 Cup grated coconut
3/4 cup Jaggery
1 tbsp of water
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
Method for making Poornam:
1. Heat a pan, add water and jaggery in it. When jaggery dissolves completely in water, strain it to remove dust particle.
2. Pour the strained jaggery in the same pan and bring them to boil.
3. Once it starts to boil, add grated coconut in it.
4. Keep stirring until it thicken and doesn't stick to the sides of the pan.
5. Sprinkle cardamom powder on it and give a stir, then remove it from the flame.
6. Allow it to cool for sometime.
7. Once it cooled down, take small amount of purnam, make small ball and keep it on plate
Method for making outer layer of Kozhukattai:
1. Heat water, oil and salt in pan. Bring them to boil.
2. Once it starts to boil, add rice flour in it and Knead well.
3. When it mixed well, remove the dough from the flame. If u feel the dough is sticky, add some rice flour in it. If u feel the dough is hard, sprinkle some warm water in it and mix well. ( Adjust rice flour and water amount to obtain right dough consistency)
Method for making Kozhukattai:
1. Take a gooseberry size of dough, using oil and warm water, press and make it to round shape. Add Poornam in the centre.
2. Close the sides of the dough and remove the excess dough in the tip.
3. Heat water in Idly maker. Grease the idly plate with some oil and place the kozhukattai on it.
4. Close with its lid and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove it from the container and let it cool for sometime.