Chickpeas Watermelon Salad is the perfect Morning Breakfast. Its very healthy and stomach filling dish. While I was making it, I had a doubt " Does watermelon go well with chickpeas ?". Actually It does. The combination of chickpeas, watermelon and lemon juice was so great. My hubby likes it lot :) . I haven't add spicy flavor in this dish. If you want some, add few pinch of chili flakes in it.
- Watermelon - 1 cup
- Chickpeas - 1/2 cup
- Purple onion - 2
- Tomato - 1
- Cilantro - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. Soak chickpeas in water for 4 hours or overnight and drain the water.
2. Cook chickpeas with salt and enough water in pressure cooker upto 3 whistle.
3. Remove it from the flame. Once the pressure settle down, open the lid and drain the water. Keep the chickpeas aside.
4. Chop all the ingredients and set aside.
5. Take chickpeas and add all the chopped ingredients. Squeeze lemon juice on it and toss well.
6. Serve it with cold juice.