Few more days to go for Navratri celebration. Navratri is the most celebrated hindu festival devoted to goddess Durga. It is accompanied by magnificent celebrations for nine consecutive days and nights. It combines with ritualistic pujas and fasting. My mom makes nine different sundal on this festival as neivethyam. Here I am sharing one of my fav sundal recipe.
- 1 cup Karamani ( Black eyed peas)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves
1. Wash and soak karamani with enough water for 4 hours. Cook it in pressure cooker upto 2 whistle.
2. Once the pressure settle down, open the lid and drain the water. Keep the karamani aside.
3. Heat oil in pan over medium flame, add mustard seed and cumin seed in it.
4. When it starts to splutter, add curry leaves and garlic in it. Saute for a minutes.
5. Add onion, cook till it turn to transparent.
6. Add all spices, salt, mix well and close the lid. Cook until raw smell goes away.
7. Now add the karamani in it, stir well and cook for couple of minute.