Keerai Vadai | Spinach Vada is a healthy dish. The main ingredients which I used in this recipe is Spinach/Keerai and Channa dal. It can also made using Urad dal. This can be serve as evening snack with a cup of tea or side dish for rice varieties.
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup Channa dal
- 3 tbsp urad dal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 dry chiĺi
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
1. Wash the lentils in running water. Then soak it with dry chili in enough water for 2 hours.
2. Drain the water and take soaked dal, fennel seed in blender, coarse grind it. Then transfer them into mixing bowl.
3. Add spinach, onion, asafoetida and salt in dal mixture. Mix it all well.
4. Heat oil in pan over medium heat, take small portion from the mixture and make it like flatten round shape.
5. Carefully drop it in heated oil. Fry the vadai both sides till it turn to golden brown colour.
6. Remove the excess oil by using paper tissue and serve hot.