- 2 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp turneric powder
- A pinch of Jaggery/Vellam
- 2 tbsp of Gingely oil
- Salt to taste
1. Cube the tomatoes and set aside.
2. Heat oil in heavy-bottemed pan, add mustard seed and urad dal to it.
3. When mustard seed starts to splutter, add cubed tomatoes in it.
4. Stir Occasionally, til tomatoes turn to soft and pulpy.
5. Add in all the spices, mix and cook in low flame.
6. After sometime, the oil will ooze out from the thokku. Turn off the flame and serve with Idly or Dosa.
How to store:
Once it completely cooled down, store it in air tight container. Use dry spoon every time. It will stay good upto a week.