Butter rice/Butter pulao is simple, flavorful and tasty dish. It doesn't require more time and preparations. It is one of the best meal for toddlers. My little one likes it lot.
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 2 cup Long grain rice
- 4 cup chicken broth or veg broth or water
- 1 purple onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 cup of frozen peas and corn
- 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Wash rice with water and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
2. Chop onion and garlic, set aside.
3. Melt butter in large pan over medium heat.
4. Add garlic and onion, cook stirring until it become translucent.
5. Add peas, corn, salt and pepper. Cook for couple more minutes.
6. Now add chicken broth and bay leaves. Bring it to boil.
7. Add soaked rice into it and close the pan with its lid. Cook untill liquid is asorbed.
8. Butter Rice is ready now!
Remove it from heat, discard bay leaves, fluff the rice with fork and Serve hot.