Have you noticed my previous posts?? For past few weeks, I am posting only pumpkin recipes Like pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin popsicle, marbled pumpkin cake, pumpkin chicken curry. These dishes are I made for the Halloween party. Today also I came up with another pumpkin dish. This is the last pumpkin recipe of this year, I am gonna take a small break :)
Roasted Pumpkin stuffed with Chicken rice. It is a main course dish. It taste so delicious and inviting too.
Step 1: Ingredients
- A cute little pumpkin (about 2 1/2 - 3 pound)
- Long grain rice - 1 cup
- Chicken breast - 1/2 cup
- Bell peppers (yellow, red, orange) - 1/2 cup
- Onion, medium size - 1
- Frozen mixed vegetables - 1/2 cup
- King oyster mushroom - 1/2 cup
- Green chilli - 2
- Garlic cloves - 4
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp + some for greasing the pumpkin
- Bay leaf - 2
- 2 sprig of fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Serve : 2 - 3 adults
Step 2: Pumpkin Pot!
1. Mark a small circle on top of the pumpkin. Using sharp knife, cut a cap out of top of the pumpkin at 45 degree angle.
2. Clear away the seeds and strings from the cap and from inside the pumpkin. Spoon works great to remove the strings and seeds. Do not throw away the seeds, you can make many recipes using pumpkin seeds.
3. Grease the outer skin of pumpkin with olive oil.
4. Season the inner side of pumpkin with salt and pepper and set aside.
Step 3: Cut all the veggies
Wash all the veggies with fresh tap water and chop them into small pieces.
Step 4: Boil the rice
1. Wash the rice with fresh running water for 3 times.
2. Add 3 cup of water, 1/2 tbsp of oil, bay leaf to rice and bring it to boil over medium flame.
3. Once the rice half cooked, remove it from heat. Drain the water completely using strainer and set aside.
Step 5: Chicken rice
1. Heat an oil in wide pan over medium flame.
2. Add garlic and chillies to it. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Add onion and satue for couple of minutes.
4. Add bell peppers and veggies, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add chicken, parsley, season it salt and pepper. Mix and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Now add the half cooked rice and soy sauce. Give a stir, make sure that rice coated well with the spices.
Step 6: Bake it!
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
1. Take greased pumpkin, stuff in the chicken rice. Make sure that pumpkin should be well filled.
2. Close the pumpkin with its cap.
3. Place the stuffed pumpkin on baking tray and bake it for 60 to 90 minutes. Check after 60 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the pumpkin from the oven to serving table, it will be very hot, heavy.
Slice it up and serve hot :)
I am linking this recipe to Remmy's Kitchen First yr anniversary and Giveaway event