Turkey Pepper Poppers!
These poppers are made with sweet mini peppers and stuffed with minced turkey meat. These are great for snacks. You can replace the filling with your choice of meat or creamcheese. Try it out, I am sure you will make it again and again. Thanks.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup Minced Turkey ( you can also use minced chicken )
- 10 - Sweet mini peppers
- 1 medium size Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Generous pinch of dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Step 2: Filling preparation
1. Heat oil in pan over medium flame. Once the oil is heated, add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
2. Add in chopped onions, saute for couple of minutes.
3. Add minced turkey meat into the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Season the filling with salt and dried oregano and mix all well.
5. Cook uncovered until the turkey meat is completely cooked.
6. Remove pan from flame and let the filling cool for sometime.
Step 3: Stuff and Bake
Preheat oven to 375 F.
1. Wash the sweet mini peppers with running water and pat dry them with paper towel/tissue.
2. Halve the peppers, discard the seeds and set aside.
3. Take turkey filling and halved peppers. Spoon the turkey filling into each pepper half.
4. Bake the poppers for about 20 minutes or until the sweet peppers become softened.
Step 4: Add cheese and Bake
1. Once it baked, take out from oven and sprinkle cheese over the poppers.
2. Put the pan back to oven and bake for 2 minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
3. Take out from oven and transfer the poppers to serving plate and relish them.