In south India, Onion Tomato chutney is one of the common sidedish for idly and dosa. It is a simple chutney recipe, which you can make in no time. I made it little more spicy, you can adjust red chille according to your taste preference.
2 Onion, diced
2 tomato, diced
5 to 8 Dried chille
1/2 tsp Fried gram dal / Pottukadala
1/4 tsp of Tamarind
1 tbsp of oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp of oil
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Urad dal
Few curry leaves
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : less than 10 minutes
Serve - (3 to 4) person
1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add red chilli, channa dal. Saute for a minute.
2. Add onion and tomato, cook and stir occasionally until onion become translucent. Remove it from flame and let it completely cool for sometime.
3. Now take them in blender, add tamarind and season with some salt.
4. Blend and make it to fine paste (add little water if necessary). Transfer into bowl.
5. For tadka, heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Let it splutter and then pour it to the chutney.
6. Mix well and serve with hot idly or dosa.